Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 27 Chapter 28

I woke up feeling hungry. And I also realized I was not seasick anymore.
I thought they were preparing to give us food. But it was not.
The chief told us that they had charged a wrong price. We needed to pay another hundred dollars.
Everyone started yelling and wailing, not only the babies.
We did not have any money.
But Rashida took out a watch and told them that it was for the four of us. The smugglar took a look and accepted it.
She then explained that her dad knew something like that would happen, and had spent the rest of his savings to buy it.
I wondered, as the journey continued, if Mum and Dad were in the same situation.
And I wondered if Mum would give up her wedding ring without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment