Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 29 Chapter 30

People started screaming. At first I thought it was that the word of the fifty different ice-creams had reached them.
But I realized there was another boat beside ours.
For a moment I was wild with excitement. I thought it was Mum and Dad.
But it's too big to be Mum and Dad's boat.

I heard them muttering a scary word, pirate.
I went numb with fear.
A few pirates jump on board. We waited for the smugglers to fight them off.
They didn't. Instead, they greeted them with big grins, shook hands and jump onto the pirate boat.
I understood. They must have arranged this, taking our money and dumping us.
And now they were catching girls without their parents.
We disguised Rashida and Bibi into boys and started playing soccer.
One of the pirates joined in, and tackled me.
I knew I should let him win. But I didn't. I snatched the ball.
We waited for the pirate to shoot us all. But he didn't.
Instead, he gave me a strong kick on my hip.
Pain exploded inside my body.
I can't describe this pain, but it made me cry. Rashida rubbed it till it felt just a little bit better.
And I saw the pirates gone.
We were abandoned, alone in the middle of the ocean, a boatful of starving wailing people, and three scared sailors.
It couldn't have been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment