Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 15

I had an idea.
I could bake breads.
Dad would be able to smell it from here- it's in his blood.
And the people would be able to have something to eat.
But I didn't have salt.
I started crying.
When I thought of the salt in my eyes.
Salt.
It produces salt.

But before I could cry out in triumph, someone grabbed my hand.
I turned around to spot the boy who took my ball yesterday.
He told me he could bring me back to mum and dad.
I started thinking he wasn't that bad after all.
Then he asked for an American dollar.
I had no money, that's what I told him too.
And he asked for my football.
Then, without hesitation, he dragged me along and started running.

I decided to trust him.
I've got nothing to lose anyway.
A modern car drove past.
Suddenly, the boy started dragging me towards the car.
He told me they were the United Nations.
And that they give out tickets for people to get out of here.
I couldn't believe my luck.

I shouted for 5 tickets.
But they don't hear me.
I tried several times. The results were the same.
I realized that I needed to do something else for attention.
And I thought of football skills.
But I couldn't, however hard I tried.
It was too crowded.
It drove away finally. And I didn't give chase, though lots did.

I gave up, trying to find mum and dad.
When I noticed them.
They were surrounded by uniformed people.
They were surrounded by police.

Chapter 16

No comments:

Post a Comment