Im with Yusuf's grandfather.
He's been talking to me, but I haven't been listening.
I've been thinking about it.
Trying to think of a plan so we don't have to leave our home.
My mind was blank.
He keeps talking about the Liverpool players going overboard.
I was puzzled. There wasn't a boat. How could they go overboard?
Yusuf's grandfather laughed at me.
He told me that the word overboard also means doing something bold, wild, dangerous and exciting.
I decided to do something overboard.
I kept thinking of a plan. Thinking and thinking.
Until it suddenly hits me. Wow, I thought.
It was such a brilliant plan to me!
I consulted Yusuf's grandfather.
I asked him if one can play football very well, to the extent of doing really well in the World Cup, would the government stop being cross with that person's parents even thought they ran an illegal school.
He didnt answer me.
He just stared at me.
I repeated. With my own opinion this time.
He replied.
He told me that we were not liked by others in this country. It has started before this government.
It confirmed my plan more.
I'm going to show the government how good we can be.
And not only us, more of our kind will no longer be bullied.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment