Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 7

I am practising now.
It's late at night and everybody is sleeping.
This way, I won't get arrested for playing football.
I can't get to sleep anyway.
I'm too busy thinking about why mother and father are not back yet.

It was then Bibi tapped me behind my shoulder. I jumped.
She was suspicious. This is bad.
She asked me where was mother and father.
I told her they were going to warn the parents of other kids from other schools.
It made her feel better. In a way, I felt better too.
Although it was a lie.

Then, she snatched the ball away from me and challenged me to a game.
I tried snatching it back, but she dodged it.
This is amazing. She is a football natural.
She gave a wonderful kick at the ball.
I thought it was going to hit another of Mr Nasser's window, but it curved away nicely.
It was the most incredible kick I've ever seen!

Then, suddenly, our house explodes.
I rolled over, trying to take everything in.
I was left speechless.

Suddenly, from behind, father appeared and dragged me and Bibi to our feet.
He cursed. It was surprising. He never used to.

That's when I realised what happened.
The government has blown up our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment