Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 5

Im so angry.
How can the government do this?
I don't want to go. But I know we have no choice.
Mother took the candlestick with her.
It's one that have been with us for years, or generations.
It'll keep us safe. It always have.

I had to pull down my curtains in my room to use as my bag.
I caught dad dazing at his oven. He loves it.
It was both his father's and grandfather's too.
I realised he is saying goodbye to his oven.

It was the same at mother's side.
She was burying our school, burying all the blackboards, paint brushes and things.
She was sad. It was obvious.

None of us wanted to leave, but we had.
Seeing all the sad faces, I suddenly felt determined.
Determined to stay.
Determined to find a way to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment