The government had spies everywhere.
THey must have spotted Dad and told the local police about him.
I stood frozen.
The police all had guns and any sudden movement could be fatal.
I walked slowly there, pleading the people to free Dad.
They looked at me with narrow eyes.
Dad looked like he was persuading me not to talk. I was confused.
Instead, he handed out a large amount of money to the policemen.
He took it, said something to dad and walked away.
He was being bribed.
Now, Dad doesn't have any more money.
I wondered if I could sell my football for a large amount of money.
I questioned Dad about those people.
He told me that they were the people that could get us to Australia safely.
Mum then looked at us with stern eyes.
She warned us not to run out again.
I thought of the wonderful Australia.
The female football players.
But I wondered, what bad things there were, in Australia.
Chapter 17
No comments:
Post a Comment